Opioids addiction, Treatment – Part two in our series on this growing epidemic in Seniors
This coming Saturday, 2/17, in the second installment of our two part series on the growing Opioids addiction problem, we are going to be learning about recognizing addiction in yourself or a loved one, what treatments are available and how to get help.
Some of the areas we will explore on this show include;
Prescription drug Opioids addiction is a national problem. There has been approximately an 80% rise in Senior Citizens who suffer Opioids addiction problems and Overdoses in the past decade.
Every day more than 115 Americans die from Opioids overdose. That is the equivalent of a Jumbo Airliner going down and crashing in the U.S. every week! The estimated “economic burden” alone is approximately $78.5 Billion dollars a year including costs of health care, lost productivity, addiction treatment, and criminal justice involvement.
Recognizing possible Opioids dependence
o In yourself
o In a family member
Physical vs psychological dependence
OK, so you have recognized there might be a problem, now what? What treatments are available?
o Where to look for help
o Deciding what treatment provider is right for you or your loved one
To help us with this our guest today is William Smith who is a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor, Alcohol and Drug Counselor and Substance Abuse Professional with the Bay Area Recovery Center. You can get more information about the Bay Area Recovery center’s programs at bayarearecovery.com or by calling (713) 597-8385
Here are links to Helpful Information from The U.S. Department Of Health And Human Services
- February 9, 2018 - Learn to protect your loved ones from prescription drug addiction!
- October 5, 2017 - Medicare Open Enrollment is Coming! Are YOU ready? Listen and learn on The Senior Answer, Saturday at 11:00 on 100.7 KKHT
- September 22, 2017 - Incontinence ruining your quality of life? This could be your solution!
- September 1, 2017 - Confused about your options for help with Senior Care?
- August 11, 2017 - The Pasadena Senior Expo is this Wednesday! Don’t miss it!
- July 28, 2017 - Get help protecting your senior loved one!!!!
- July 21, 2017 - Help save lives! Learn how to fight back against the deadly Sepsis Epidemic!
- July 14, 2017 - Can you save a senior from abuse today? Learn how!
- July 7, 2017 - Medicare crisis growing for seniors! Doctors denying patients needed care under Medicare!
- June 22, 2017 - Is your elder loved eligible for in home medical care paid 100% by Medicare? Get the answers here!
- May 13, 2017 - Trauma, PTSD and Recovery: Background and resources for help
- May 13, 2017 - Suffering with Depression, PTSD or after effects of emotional trauma? Join us today and get unstuck to feel better and love yourself again!
- April 13, 2017 - Your Mom or Dad not so steady on their feet anymore? Are you afraid of them falling and being injured?
- March 17, 2017 - Having a tough time meeting retirement living expenses? Learn about the Reverse Mortgage solution!
- January 28, 2017 - Hospice – A scary word for you? Listen and learn how it can help your family when that time comes for your loved one.
- January 14, 2017 - What if there was a place whose purpose was transforming lives and restoring hope to individuals and families struggling with mental health problems and addiction?
- January 7, 2017 - Listener Special Resource! TOP TEN WEBSITES FOR INFORMATION ON OSTEOPOROSIS
- January 6, 2017 - Osteoporosis… Breaking news on causes and prevention!
- December 31, 2016 - Doctors making house calls again? That’s right!
- December 24, 2016 - Fighting Cancer? Want help from someone who truly understands? Tune in now!
- December 9, 2016 - Need medical care but have no or little insurance? This could be a solution for you!
- December 3, 2016 - Struggling to pay for a loved one’s Long Term Care? This may be the answer for you!
- November 12, 2016 - Does your aging parent qualify for in home care paid 100% by Medicare?
- November 4, 2016 - Do you know about the secret VA benefit called “non-service connected disability pension”?
- October 29, 2016 - Have you “lost that loving feeling”?
- October 20, 2016 - Caring for an older parent or spouse? Feel like you are losing the battle to help them, work, help your own family and find a few minutes for sleep too? There are services that can help you care for them at little to no out of pocket cost!
- October 14, 2016 - You know you need help caring for Mom or Dad or even your spouse but don’t even know where to start? Afraid to even start looking because of the risks and expenses? Well you are not alone!
- September 30, 2016 - Do you REALLY know what the best choice is during Medicare Open Enrollment? Making the wrong choice can wipe out your life savings!
- September 16, 2016 - Don’t let Medicare get away with this cut to care! They say it is a miracle cure for fraud but it’s really snake oil!
- September 9, 2016 - Medicare cutting in home care access for seniors by up to 80% with “Pre-claim Review” program!
- September 3, 2016 - Medicare reduces patient rights with the MOON Notice!
- August 27, 2016 - Colon / Rectal Cancer Screening
- August 20, 2016 - Contact information for Adult Protective Services
- August 19, 2016 - Elderly man’s life saved by Adult Protective Services!
- August 18, 2016 - Learn how Adult Protective Services protects seniors from neglect, abuse and exploitation.
- July 30, 2016 - Does it matter who you hire to care for Mom or Dad? You bet it does! Check out these recent news stories!!
- July 29, 2016 - It makes a difference who you choose to care for your aging parent! Learn how to make a safe choice!
- July 22, 2016 - Emotional Trauma and Recovery… There is hope!
- July 21, 2016 - Does someone you love suffer with Depression, PTSD or after effects of emotional trauma? Do you feel confused, sad, worthless? Most people can learn to manage emotions, use healthy coping, change behaviors and get unstuck to feel better and love yourself again.
- July 12, 2016 - Can’t get Mom or Dad in to see the Doctor? Wondering why are fewer and fewer Doctors accepting Medicare and Advantage Plan patients?
- June 24, 2016 - Study reduces falls in elderly by 35% via a multifaceted podiatry intervention consisting of a foot and ankle exercise program, foot orthotics, advice on footwear, and general falls education
- June 18, 2016 - Contact information for Adult Protective Services
- May 21, 2016 - Medicare proposal puts patients and access to care at risk!
- April 26, 2016 - Learn how heartburn may be much more serious than you believe
- April 23, 2016 - Where to find Texas quality data for Home Health Care Agencies
- March 26, 2016 - Listen live today at 11 to learn more about the warning signs of Alzheimer’s!
- March 13, 2016 - FREE LEGAL SERVICES FOR SENIORS, ONE DAY ONLY!