Fighting Cancer? Want help from someone who truly understands? Listen Saturday morning for help!
“You have cancer” are the most chilling words you can hear from your Doctor. That moment is one of the loneliest and most frightening moments a person can have. Would it be great if there was a way to make the journey that starts with those three words less scary? Are you or someone you know fighting Cancer? Want help from someone who truly understands what you are going through?
Join us with Cancare, a great organization that brings together Cancer Survivor volunteers with those undergoing cancer treatment, matching volunteer cancer survivors with people who have the same type of cancer and treatment so the patient has someone to talk to that has literally walked in their shoes. Listen Saturday at 11 on 100.7 KKHT or on line at senioranswer.org as we learn about this wonderful organization.
In this program we learn about;
o About CanCare and what type of support is offered to those fighting cancer.
o Does CanCare work with only one type of cancer, or all types?
o Is there a cost to have a volunteer help you?
o How does someone get support from a CanCare volunteer?
o CanCare also visits patients in hospitals.
o How does CanCare help family members of patients?
o How can someone who wants to help others become a volunteer?
o How can a CanCare volunteer play an important role for someone fighting cancer?
Learn more at www.cancare.org
- April 26, 2018 - Learn how heartburn may be much more serious than you believe
- April 3, 2018 - Protect your loved ones from opioid drug addiction!
- March 28, 2018 - Are your senior loved ones safe with their paid caregiver? Learn how to make sure!
- March 23, 2018 - Does your aging parent qualify for in home care paid 100% by Medicare?
- March 16, 2018 - Reduce falling risks for your elder loved one!
- March 9, 2018 - Incontinence ruining your quality of life? This could be your solution!
- March 2, 2018 - Listen and learn about this daughter’s journey with her Mom’s Alzheimer’s with Dayna Steele
- February 23, 2018 - Questions about dental issues for Seniors? Listen and learn!
- February 11, 2018 - Opioids addiction, Treatment – Part two in our series on this growing epidemic in Seniors
- October 5, 2017 - Medicare Open Enrollment is Coming! Are YOU ready? Listen and learn on The Senior Answer, Saturday at 11:00 on 100.7 KKHT
- September 1, 2017 - Confused about your options for help with Senior Care?
- August 11, 2017 - The Pasadena Senior Expo is this Wednesday! Don’t miss it!
- July 21, 2017 - Help save lives! Learn how to fight back against the deadly Sepsis Epidemic!
- July 14, 2017 - Can you save a senior from abuse today? Learn how!
- July 7, 2017 - Medicare crisis growing for seniors! Doctors denying patients needed care under Medicare!
- June 22, 2017 - Is your elder loved eligible for in home medical care paid 100% by Medicare? Get the answers here!
- May 13, 2017 - Trauma, PTSD and Recovery: Background and resources for help
- May 13, 2017 - Suffering with Depression, PTSD or after effects of emotional trauma? Join us today and get unstuck to feel better and love yourself again!
- April 13, 2017 - Your Mom or Dad not so steady on their feet anymore? Are you afraid of them falling and being injured?
- March 17, 2017 - Having a tough time meeting retirement living expenses? Learn about the Reverse Mortgage solution!
- January 28, 2017 - Hospice – A scary word for you? Listen and learn how it can help your family when that time comes for your loved one.
- January 14, 2017 - What if there was a place whose purpose was transforming lives and restoring hope to individuals and families struggling with mental health problems and addiction?
- January 7, 2017 - Listener Special Resource! TOP TEN WEBSITES FOR INFORMATION ON OSTEOPOROSIS
- January 6, 2017 - Osteoporosis… Breaking news on causes and prevention!
- December 31, 2016 - Doctors making house calls again? That’s right!
- December 24, 2016 - Fighting Cancer? Want help from someone who truly understands? Tune in now!
- December 9, 2016 - Need medical care but have no or little insurance? This could be a solution for you!
- December 3, 2016 - Struggling to pay for a loved one’s Long Term Care? This may be the answer for you!
- November 4, 2016 - Do you know about the secret VA benefit called “non-service connected disability pension”?
- October 29, 2016 - Have you “lost that loving feeling”?
- October 20, 2016 - Caring for an older parent or spouse? Feel like you are losing the battle to help them, work, help your own family and find a few minutes for sleep too? There are services that can help you care for them at little to no out of pocket cost!
- October 14, 2016 - You know you need help caring for Mom or Dad or even your spouse but don’t even know where to start? Afraid to even start looking because of the risks and expenses? Well you are not alone!
- September 30, 2016 - Do you REALLY know what the best choice is during Medicare Open Enrollment? Making the wrong choice can wipe out your life savings!
- September 16, 2016 - Don’t let Medicare get away with this cut to care! They say it is a miracle cure for fraud but it’s really snake oil!
- September 9, 2016 - Medicare cutting in home care access for seniors by up to 80% with “Pre-claim Review” program!
- September 3, 2016 - Medicare reduces patient rights with the MOON Notice!
- August 27, 2016 - Colon / Rectal Cancer Screening
- August 20, 2016 - Contact information for Adult Protective Services
- August 19, 2016 - Elderly man’s life saved by Adult Protective Services!
- August 18, 2016 - Learn how Adult Protective Services protects seniors from neglect, abuse and exploitation.
- July 30, 2016 - Does it matter who you hire to care for Mom or Dad? You bet it does! Check out these recent news stories!!
- July 29, 2016 - It makes a difference who you choose to care for your aging parent! Learn how to make a safe choice!
- July 22, 2016 - Emotional Trauma and Recovery… There is hope!
- July 21, 2016 - Does someone you love suffer with Depression, PTSD or after effects of emotional trauma? Do you feel confused, sad, worthless? Most people can learn to manage emotions, use healthy coping, change behaviors and get unstuck to feel better and love yourself again.
- July 12, 2016 - Can’t get Mom or Dad in to see the Doctor? Wondering why are fewer and fewer Doctors accepting Medicare and Advantage Plan patients?
- June 18, 2016 - Contact information for Adult Protective Services
- May 21, 2016 - Medicare proposal puts patients and access to care at risk!
- April 23, 2016 - Where to find Texas quality data for Home Health Care Agencies
- March 26, 2016 - Listen live today at 11 to learn more about the warning signs of Alzheimer’s!
- March 13, 2016 - FREE LEGAL SERVICES FOR SENIORS, ONE DAY ONLY!