Join your hosts with Dr. Garcia, Cardiologist and past president of the Texas Medical Association as he tells the inside story of why more and more doctors are refusing to see Medicare patients. What good is Medicare coverage if your doctor won’t accept it?
Some of the areas we cover during this expose include;
* Background of the Medicare systems and Physicians relationships
* Change from holistic to single issue care
* Payment methods evolution
* Increasing complexity of claims processing
* Uncertainty of payment
* Why are doctors refusing to accept new Medicare patients
* If I have Medicare can I see my Doctor if they have opted out of * Medicare (increased co-pay)
* What... Read More
Is your Mom or Dad not so steady on their feet anymore? Are they having to use a walker or are they getting around the house using the walls or furniture to steady themselves? Have they fallen recently… or are you losing sleep at night because you are afraid they will?
Well you are not alone and you have good reason to be concerned! Each year, more than 1.6 million older U.S. adults go to the emergency room for fall-related injuries. Among older adults, falls are the number one cause of fractures, hospital admissions for trauma, loss of independence, and injury deaths. Falls don't "just happen," and people don't fall just because they get older. Often, more than one underlying cause... Read More